RETAIL Territory Manager
Job Title: Retail Territory Manager
Job ID: 2019-19
Reports To: Director, Sales
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Territories: Downtown Toronto
Dreams are Bigger in Blyth. As we continue to expand into LCBO locations, restaurants and pubs across Ontario, we are humbled by the call for ‘More Cowbell!’ The Cowbell Farm in Blyth opened its doors in August, 2017 and our dream to have North America’s First Carbon Neutral Brewery is becoming an exciting reality. Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director, Sales, the Territory Manager will manage the selling, distribution and delivery of beer for Downtown Toronto. The Territory Manager will deliver territory volume, share, distribution, and margin contribution targets by total territory, sales channel, and brand through leveraging commercial resources including, but not limited to, brands, programs, and systems. The Territory Manager will build and maintain the customer portfolio by continuously prospecting and closing new customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Director, Sales, the duties and responsibilities of the Territory Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build new and maintain existing relationships across all retail channels;
- Prospect new retail locations by conducting regular cold calls and in person meetings with high revenue outlets;
- Increase distribution across all retail channels through effective sales plans;
- Log daily activities in CRM;
- Work with the Community Engagement Team to organize and conduct special events, tastings and training to build brand awareness and in store Cowbell brand ambassadors;
- Use sales and marketing data to ensure right product mix and display presentation across all retail channels;
- Secure premium shelf and fridge placement to optimize Cowbell’s brand presence;
- Lead promotional campaigns as needed and track success
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Team to contribute to Cowbell’s social media presence;
- Be available by phone and/or email to address store issues or concerns;
- Maintain product rotation, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of field sales experience, preferably in a retail setting;
- A passion for craft beer;
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong customerservice disposition;
- Lives within the greater Toronto area;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience withS ales Force or other sales software, and;
- A valid Ontario G Driver's license with a clean driving record, a driving abstract will be requested on a semi annual basis
- Work normal business hours but may be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours;
- Able to work on a computer for long periods of time;
- Regular travel in a Company vehicle;
- The ability to handle heavy loads such as beer kegs and cases; and
- Required to meet a number of deadlines which may cause stress.
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and resume directly to: email@example.com
- In the subject line, please cite the job title and Job ID
- We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Cowbell Brewing Co. is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Cowbell Brewing Co. is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.