Careers at Cowbell
Cowbell is a great place to work. We are passionate about contributing to the local community by providing new employment opportunities and helping grow the economy. Our values include the ingredients of ethical, environmental, and social responsibility — working together for a better community — and great beer! Browse our current job postings and reach out to us!
General Manager, Brewing Operations
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the General Manager, Brewing Operations is responsible for overseeing all aspects of brewing operations, including brewing, cellaring and quality control. The General Manager, Brewing Operations will support Cowbell’s core values and culture, while providing managerial leadership, operational excellence and accountability for all aspects of the brewing operations. The General Manager, Brewing Operations will have a strong focus on quality, health and safety and continuous improvement.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Chief Development Officer, the duties and responsibilities of the General Manager, Brewing Operations include but are not limited to, the following:
- Effective leadership skills with a strong focus on mentoring, developing and motivating employees;
- Coordinate all brewing activities to guarantee that all standards are met and exceeded;
- Spearhead the development and implementation of effective production strategies and processes;
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills;
- Ability to identify issues and implement creative and strategic solutions to overcome problems;
- Develop and manage departmental KPI’s;
- Analyze and report on the brewery’s daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends;
- Ensure regulatory adherence at all levels of operation;
- As needed, work in other areas to support overall production needs;
- Build or refine detailed SOPs for all operations, and;
- Working in a safe and conscientious manner at all times.
Manager, Finance & Accounting
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager, Finance & Accounting leads all financial and accounting related aspects pertaining to Cowbell Brewing Co. This includes regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.View Full Posting
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare month-end and year-end financial statements;
- Prepare all budget and financial forecasts, report variances and make recommendations for corrective action;
- Oversee all accounting functions including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Collections;
- Manage year end external review process;
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to enable sound decision making in regards to gross margin, cost and other aspects of the business;
- Identify and implement accounting practices to ensure regulatory compliance through efficient processes and procedures;
- Develop and implement a sound internal control framework, and;
- Lead the Accounting & Finance Team.
Accounting & Payroll Clerk
Reporting to the Manager, Finance & Accounting, the Accounting & Payroll Clerk will be responsible for administering and processing all payroll entries for Cowbell Brewing Co. The Accounting & Payroll Clerk will also be responsible for managing the full cycle accounts payables.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Manager, Finance & Accounting, the duties and responsibilities of the Accounting & Payroll Clerk include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage full cycle accounts payables, review and process bills, enter into accounting software, file, and assist with and prepare cheque run for review with the Manager, Receivables & Payables;
- Manage daily payables inbox and respond to vendor inquiries as necessary;
- Collect, prepare and verify biweekly payroll information;
- Input data into payroll software;
- Update paper and electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes, etc.;
- Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies;
- Prepare payroll reports, pay statements and tax statement;
- Answering payroll inquiries from employees, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Operations Assistant is responsible for supporting the production team as needed. The Operations Assistant will specifically assist with packaging, canning, kegging and general housekeeping of the production area.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Manager, Operations, the duties and responsibilities of the Operations Assistant include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in warehouse, shipping and receiving operations;
- Assist in packaging operations including building, packing, and wrapping can trays, cleaning materials, housekeeping, and more;
- Ability to work hands on with assisting all aspects of production;
- Other duties as assigned.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations, the Truck Driver is responsible for transporting inventory, both finished goods and raw materials to and from all warehouse locations. The Truck Driver will support the Company’s supply chain logistics in a safe and timely manner.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Manager, Operations, the duties and responsibilities of the Truck Driver include, but are not limited to the following:
- Transporting inventory by truck to and from warehouse locations and the Cowbell Farm;
- Inspecting trucks for mechanical items daily, and record all information on our cycle check sheet, report any safety issues to your manager and perform preventative maintenance when necessary;
- Planning routes and meeting delivery schedules;
- Complete daily driving activities log in accordance with National Safety Code (NSC);
- Comply with NSC standards as well as with company policies and procedures;
- Report defects, accidents or violations to your manager;
- Work within the warehouse environment when needed, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are Cowbell.
Cowbell’s leaders are resolute in the support of the values to which this company will aspire and honour, the kind of organic culture our workplace will develop, and the reputation for disciplined leadership and product excellence we will achieve together.
Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility. Everything we do is measured against these values to ensure that we are true to ourselves and what we would like to be when we grow up.
The values to which we ascribe influence everything we do, from branding to contractor selection. We will only work with qualified, tier one manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and trades and we will hold ourselves mutually accountable to established and measured best practices. This includes fully-implemented quality assurance, quality control and environmental protocols. Cowbell will be transparent in its initiatives.
IntegrityDefines our character.
QualityIn everything we do.
Social ResponsibilityLead by example.