Careers at Cowbell
Cowbell is a great place to work. We are passionate about contributing to the local community by providing employment opportunities and helping grow the economy. Our values include the ingredients of ethical, environmental and social responsibility — working together for a better community . . . and great beer! Browse our current job postings and reach out to us.
Director of Consumer Marketing
Able to work remotely
Cowbell Brewing Co., is looking for a hands-on, high energy marketing professional who is passionate about creating world class consumer products and experiences. As Director of Consumer Marketing, you will be a member of our senior leadership team and will report directly to our President & CEO. Thanks to our commitment to innovation in the core beer business, as well as expansion into the fast-growing Hard Cider and Ready-to-Serve segments, Cowbell is currently experiencing double-digit growth and has been dubbed Canada’s destination brewery. If you think Cowbell Brewing could be your destiny, we’d love to hear from you!View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the President & CEO, the duties and responsibilities of the Director of Consumer Marketing include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s products, services, and business activities.
- Grow market share by developing marketing plans and consumer programs for each product and service, with direct promotional support. Plan and execute campaigns for new product and service launches.
- Develop ideas and comprehensive implementation plans for promotional events supporting annual business plan.
- Responsible for producing valuable content for the company’s online presence, plus editorial and design of the company’s publications.
- Work closely with the Sales Team and other functional teammates to ensure alignment and continuity of strategy and plan execution.
- Work with the sales leader to develop pricing strategies to maximize profits and market share while balancing customer satisfaction.
- Conduct market research to keep abreast of trends and our competitors’ marketing movements. Studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying consumer markets and their current and future needs.
- Lead innovation and new product development by determining and evaluating current and future consumer and market trends.
- Provides short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data.
- Lead the marketing team by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Develop marketing team by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities. Provide counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Understand and develop budgets and financials, including expenditures, research and development appropriations, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Become the organization’s agent towards external parties such as media, stakeholders and potential clients; build strategic partnerships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Territory Manager - Toronto East
Reporting to the Director, Sales, the Territory Manager will manage the selling, distribution and delivery of beer for a specific geographic area. The Territory Manager will deliver territory volume, share, distribution, and margin contribution targets by total territory, sales channel, and brand through leveraging commercial resources including, but not limited to, brands, programs, and systems. The Territory Manager will build and maintain the customer portfolio by continuously prospecting and closing new business.View Full Posting
Under the supervision of the Director, Sales, the duties and responsibilities of the Territory Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build new and maintain existing relationships across all Retail and On-Premise channels;
- Deliver territory distribution, volume targets through leveraging commercial resources (brands, programs, sales tools, etc.);
- Plan and execute consumer programming and sales standards across all Retail and On-Premise channels;
- Strong selling acumen to drive results with key customers and consumer groups in all sales channels;
- Build strong business relationships with key customers and consumer groups;
- Identify and leverage business opportunities (i.e. new customers);
- Execute in-store activation, including price, promotion, and visibility;
- Manage call cycle as per service level requirements, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
We are Cowbell.
Cowbell’s leaders are resolute in the support of the values to which this company will aspire and honour, the kind of organic culture our workplace will develop, and the reputation for disciplined leadership and product excellence we will achieve together.
Cowbell is growing and so is the team. What also continues to grow is a strong and dynamic organic culture that underpins the four pillars at Cowbell: integrity, quality, community, and social responsibility. Everything we do is measured against these values to ensure that we are true to ourselves and what we would like to be when we grow up.
The values to which we ascribe influence everything we do, from branding to contractor selection. We will only work with qualified, tier one manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and trades and we will hold ourselves mutually accountable to established and measured best practices. This includes fully-implemented quality assurance, quality control and environmental protocols. Cowbell will be transparent in its initiatives.
IntegrityDefines our character.
QualityIn everything we do.
Social ResponsibilityLead by example.